Facebook SDK

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

No updates for a while

It's been quite a long time since I posted here. But moving to Japan, being put on medical hold, and working on my Ph.D. has certainly put a damper on my efforts to rewrite the book.

By the time I get around to it, Python 3 should be the standard. I know some Linux distros are still providing v2.6 for compatibility purposes so I'll probably end up rewriting the book for the latest 3.x version and have a small section on the differences with 2.x. That way people will be getting the latest and greatest while still knowing what needs to be done for compatibility issues.

I don't know when the rewrite will be done. Possibly never. It's not like there isn't a glut of programming books on the market. The only thing I have to offer is that mine is free and available for reuse and sharing.

I guess beggars can't be choosers but I do have intentions of rewriting as time permits. Maybe if my medical and job status stays constant for a while.

No comments: