Facebook SDK

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Thank you, news links

I just want to put a shout-out to all the news sites that have wrote about my situation. Here is a list of incoming links:

I'm happy about this, because it is helping raise awareness of the fact that copyright enforcement is getting out of hand. For too long, companies and associations (like the RIAA and MPAA) have dictated what can be done regarding copyrighted material. Their actions have resulted in copyright terms being extended time and again, to the point of ridiculousness. Is there a reason to have copyright for the life of the creator, plus an additional 90 or more years?

From a personal perspective, I wrote my book for the betterment of mankind, not because I knew copyright would "protect" my work. I was not "incitivized" by copyright.

On the contrary, I expressly put my book under a copyleft license that encourages others to share it and make changes to it. If I can make some money it, great. If not, that's okay too. It's more important for people to gain knowledge than for me to earn money.

1 comment:

James said...

I found your story on www.geekosystem.com/tag/start-programming-with-python/ many days ago. Cheers