Facebook SDK

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Request for reviews

Just a simple request for readers of my book: regardless of whether you purchased my book or got it for free, if you wouldn't mind, could you please stop by Amazon and post a review of my book? Be honest; if it rates one star, at least tell me what the problems are so they can be corrected. If you love it, let me know.

I would like to know how I'm doing and one way is via Amazon. So far, I've only have four people give a review (three in US, one in UK). I recognize that some people have posted comments to my blog, which I greatly appreciate. However, more reviews on Amazon mean more people are likely to find it. Let me know how I'm doing and if you have anything specific to complain about, let me know so I can incorporate it in the next version.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Minor format error on page 161 of 2nd Edition (pdf).

The list.sort() method isn't listed as a separate item in the method list for lists so appears along with description of list.count(). Probably missing what ever the TeX equivalent of .LI is.

Even more minor, the methods aren't listed in a sorted order.

Have only skimmed the book, so not able to to review.

Cody Jackson said...

Thanks for the comments; you're the first one to catch those.

I have already made changes to my "raw" document but I don't think such minor issues warrant the pain of creating new ebook formats and resubmitting files for the print version. I'd prefer to just include them in the next edition.

However, if some people think it is a big enough issue, I will do it.

Anonymous said...

I'd say definitely not worth an edition update, it's just a format change.
Perhaps you could put together an errata page.

Anonymous said...

Definitely doesn't warrant an edition update, it's just a minor format change.

Perhaps you could put together an errata page.