Facebook SDK

Friday, March 22, 2013

Sample new chapters

Update: I have created the new PyGame chapter. The draft copy is available at this link. I will leave these sample chapters online for a few more weeks to see if there are any comments. After that, I will finalize the revisions and publish my new edition.

I'm working on the revisions for the new edition. So far, I have added an additional section in GUI programming, giving a brief overview of the wxGlade/wxPython interface and some of its capabilities.

I've also added a new chapter for web application development using Karrigell. It's not extensive, as I'm simply trying to introduce the idea and show what is possible; I'm not intending for my book to be a tutorial on web development or the Karrigell framework.

On that note, if you are interested in seeing what I have written so far, feel free to take a look at the new material at my Google Drive link. Look it over and let me know what changes, additions, etc. should be made to it.

The only other thing I am planning on adding to the new revision is a chapter about game development using PyGame. Since everyone seems to want to become a game developer, I thought a brief introduction to it might be helpful. There are some good, free books at the PyGame website so I'm planning on pulling some of the essential material from them and providing a summarized version of game development. Again, I'm not planning on making my book a bona-fide tutorial but simply an introduction to whet the reader's appetite.

If there's anything else you would like to see in the new revision, or any changes you think should be made, please post a comment.

Thanks.

No comments: